A Seven Round Game/40 ASCF rated tournament. No electronic devices allowed in playing halls.Game Times: Saturday
: 10:00AM, 12:00PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM Sunday
: 10:00AM, 12:00PM, 2:00PMByes:
Any round can be missed. Participants may receive a half-point bye for up to 3 missed rounds. All subsequent missed rounds will receive zero-point byes.
In order to qualify to participate in the Governors Cup State Chess Championship students must meet at least one of the criteria listed below:
Team Wild Card Rules:
- Be in Kindergarten and play at and complete at least one game in any section at one of the Qualifying Tournaments
- Be in 7th grade and up and participate in the Champs section of the Governors Cup
- Have an International or National Rating over 1200.
- Score two points or more in a Beginner Section of a Qualifier also known as the K-3 U500 or K-6 U600 sections.
- Score one and a half points or more in an Advanced Section of a Qualifier also known as the Champs Section
- Receive a Team or Coaches Wildcard, please see below for details:
Another student from the same school must be Qualified or student must attempt at least one Qualifier to be eligible to use a team wild card.
REGISTER ON SITE AFTER 5:00AM.Note: K-12 Section will be dual rated, both ASCF and USCF.
Governor's Cup State Championship 2024